Sunday, May 16, 2010

3 weeks old


Today, my little girl turned 3 weeks old. Not a usual milestone, but you blog about what you can, when you can. With my last blog, I was dedicated to blogging about Matteo's every little milestone, but I'm quickly finding that 2 kids makes that quite a challenge.

Our little Lily is quickly fitting into our little family. The past three weeks have been a blur, but now we're all getting into the groove of things. I get the "how you doing..." question quite a bit, and my standard answer to that is "Week 3 is better than week 2, which was better than week 1". The first week, is always rough. Week 2 Sean went back to work and now week 3 we are finding our way thru all of it.

Lily's routine is one that is actually very nice for all of us. She usually gets up in the morning and is up for about 2 hours. She then naps most of the afternoon away, waking up to eat usually every 3 hours. Then, she gets up for a few more hours in the evening. She usually goes to bed about 1030 ish and is only up twice throughout the night to eat. As my dad says, 2 runs after midnight is pretty good.

Lily has already been to the park, zoo, Walmart and even next door for a playdate with Jordan and Taylor. She's quite a mover and a shaker for only being 3 weeks :-).

We're seeing some smiles too, but most of that is not "real" smiles, but we'll take whatever we can get. She's lost some of her hair, but still has quite a bit. We also think it's getting a little lighter. If she has Sean's hair, which we think she does, it will probably be dark brown instead of the black she was born with. I'm still hesitant to put any bows in her hair though just because I'm afraid of hurting her. I have put in a few hairbands in her and boy is she cute!

Her eyes are still a dark blue/grey. I thought I saw some brown peeking thru, but we're still hoping that was a trick of the light and she will keep her dark blue!

Well, that's about it. I'm sure there is more to this little girl sleeping on my shoulder as I write this, and we can't wait to find out the secrets she has in store for us!

No comments: